Friday 20 June 2014

NO MORE EXAMS!

At 2:45pm on Wednesday 18th June 2014, I officially finished my last school exam EVER! It was a very surreal feeling to have finally completed all the A Level exams that the whole of my education has been leading towards, since my first days at school about thirteen or fourteen years ago.

It still hasn't sunk in, the fact that I have no more lessons to attend, nothing else to revise for, and hardly any reason to ever set foot in a place that has become so familiar to me, I would almost call it a second home. I'm going to miss my friends and the corner of the common room where we loved to chill out and share obscure music with each other. I'll miss the teachers that had a massive impact on my life, both academically and on a more personal level. I'll definitely keep in touch with all of these people, as they essentially helped to shape the person I have become.

Although it is a time of huge change, I am so so soooo excited to move on to adult life, go to university, and be more free to do things that I love to do. I think one of the most amazing things about moving on from somewhere incredibly familiar to somewhere totally unknown and new, is the prospect of meeting completely new people from all over the UK, and possibly even the world, and having new experiences with them. Hopefully, I will still be able to remember all the amazing times I have, as, inevitably, there will be an element of drinking involved!

So yeah, it's sad to leave behind something I know so well, but on the other hand, I cannot wait to leave and enjoy what the future has to offer!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...